Sunday, November 16, 2014

Essay Expansion

For the expansion of my essay I would like to work on my Essay #1: critical reading of advertising, where I wrote about Men's Men and Women's Women by Seven Craig. I would like to bring in a commercial made by FIFA that was more directed towards women then it was directed towards men. This can be a bit of a challenge because most FIFA commercials are directed towards men. If I do find one I would like to compare both commercials. If that does not work I can also find a commercial for all 4 kinds of commercials he speaks about in his article, if I do that I would have to look at all types of sports not just FIFA. I will try to explain each concept and incorporate what Craig tried to explain in his article as well.

Along with this I will use the key words: men's commercials, Women's commercials, sexuality, masculinity, famine, society expectations of women, expectations of men.

2 comments:

  1. Your choice for expansion sounds great. I also like the idea of you using examples of each of the commercials Craig talks about. I think it would fill in your essay nicely. I hope you can find a FIFA commercial targeted towards women it will help your readers to understand your claim if you can compare the two different commercials. Some other suggestions for your key words are men and women's attractions, women targeted advertisements and gender views.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Famine? Or, femininity? I would add in gender and advertising as well. You want to find sources other than Craig so that you don't allow the one voice to take over your analysis.
    If you can't find an ad by FIFA, it seems that many of the ads that feature the U.S. women's soccer team players often target women (at least to a degree). Other than ads that feature female sports figure in general might be of use to you. The interesting part of this is how these portrayals of women challenge some or at least redefine the women's women category.

    ReplyDelete